Sunday, April 23, 2017

Blogging Break


Usually on Sundays I like to participate in Sunday Post and It's Monday, What Are You Reading so here is a little update on reading stuff:

I am currently still rereading The Hobbit. I am at the part where Bilbo and the dwarves are in Lake Town. I hope to finish the book today. My book group meets on Tuesday but I work Monday night so I won't have much time to read tomorrow. This week I read one book: the young reader's edition of Hidden Figures. It was interesting but the narrative didn't flow very well at times. The movie is quite different!

The rest of my day will be spent figuring out what to pack for my trip to Mexico later this week and doing some more last minute shopping. In the meantime I will be taking a brief blogging break till sometime in May.

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break, and your upcoming trip! And good luck finishing The Hobbit! I'm thinking of giving it a go myself. :)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time in Mexico! I bet you are excited. :-)

    I had read the adult version of Hidden Figures, and yes, even it was quite different from the movie. I really enjoyed both.

    Have a great week and rest of the month, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got through the Hobbit. I hope you like it, though! Did watch the movie, but the book I didn't find compelling enough. Hope you enjoy reading this week.

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip to Mexico!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/04/pencil-pants-post-back-from-library.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! A tropical vacation sounds amazing right about now. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Mexico! See you on the flip side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip!! Mexico is our favorite vacation spot. We're actually trying to book another trip in a month or two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I adore The Hobbit! And Mexico sounds like a fun trip! Have a wonderful, safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful trip to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!