Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (114)





It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.


I didn't have as much time to read this week as I'd hoped and I only read two books though I am halfway through my current book.  Later this week I will be going back to Canada for my cousin's wedding so I don't know how many books I'll finish. 




Books read:


One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf

This came in for me at the library and I read it right away in one day. I just couldn't put it down! This is the first book by Gudenkauf that I've read and now I'm going to go back and search out her others.


Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

This book made me cry and now I'm a definite fan of Morgan Matson's YA contemporary fiction. It is the kind of story that stays with you and I'm still thinking about it days later. Need to write my review soon!


Books reviewed:

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman


Currently reading:


The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (reread)

I have to say that I love this book even more the second time around.  I can't wait till Crown of Embers is released this September. That is my next major book purchase.


What I plan to read next:



This is the final prequel novella for Throne of Glass. I am sure I'll be able to at least finish this book since it will be a quick read. 


For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

I hope to finally read this retelling of Persuasion since I was so excited about it. I'm a little nervous that it won't live up to my expectations.


Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

I've heard such good things about Code Name Verity. I love historical fiction and this is one of my favorite time periods. I haven't really read anything about female spies in WWII yet.


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

I'm worried that I'm going to hate this book (because of the arrogant main character and hinted at love triangle) but I've put it on my list again anyway since it is for review. I think the release date is next week.


Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal

A book that starts with a murder is always attention grabbing. I've already read the first chapter and am starting the second as soon as I can. It may have to wait till I get back from vacation as this is a library book and I'd hate to forget it in Canada...


Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel (reread)

I am planning to reread this ahead of reading the sequel, Dearly, Beloved. I didn't think I'd like a zombie romance but this book proved to be much more than that and was one of my favorite YA books from 2011.


Have you read any of these books?
What have you been reading lately? Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Sweet stack!

    I just started Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage on audio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many books - every time I visit you I add another one to my to-read shelf! :)

    Come check out what I'm reading at Between the Bind.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not put down One Breath Away either! Definitely will have to check out For Darkness Shows the Stars. Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished For Darkness Shows the Stars and I spent most of the book disliking the Wentworth character although he got better by the end. I hope you enjoy it more and am looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your books. My favorite read last week was Hereville: How Mirka Met a Meteorite by Barry Deutsch which I read via NetGalley. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many good books on your list. I've got Dearly, Beloved coming up soon, I loved Dearly, Departed too. Hoping to get to Code Name Verity and Morgan Matson's books soon.
    Happy reading and of course have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed One Breath Away so much I bought These Things Hidden by her last week

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic stack you have there :) I'm reading American Dervish right now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!! Second Chance summer looks soooo stinkin' good! I haven't gotten it in at my library yet but definitely am planning on reading it!

    Happy reading this week :)
    The Brunette Librarian Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Code Name Verity and Mr. Churchhill's Secretary are the two I would like to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard great things about Heather Gudenkauf and really need to see if my library has any of her books.

    Have a great week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you really enjoyed Second Chance Summer! I'll be looking forward to your review of it.

    Glad you loved rereading TGoF&T! I loved it even more the second time around too - I just wish the sequel was out already! ;)

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!