Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (164)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.


This week, I'm waiting on:

Ash and Bramble by Sarah Prineas
Release date: September 15, 2015

The tale of Cinderella has been retold countless times. But what you know is not the true story. Sarah Prineas’s bold fairy-tale retelling is a dark and captivating world where swords are more fitting than slippers, young shoemakers are just as striking as princes, and a heroine is more than ready to rescue herself before the clock strikes midnight.
Pin has no recollection of who she is or how she got to the Godmother’s fortress. She only knows that she is a Seamstress, working day in and out to make ball gowns fit for fairy tales. But she longs to forsake her backbreaking servitude and dares to escape with the brave young Shoemaker.

Pin isn’t free for long before she’s captured again and forced to live the new life the Godmother chooses for her—a fairy-tale story, complete with a charming prince—instead of finding her own happily ever after.

When the glass slipper just doesn’t fit . . .

I love fairy tales retold especially when they have a twist. This sounds like my kind of book!

6 comments:

  1. I agree! I haven't read a good fairy tale re-telling in sometime, so I will have to check this one out. Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those updated fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine is reading this now and says it's fantastic! I'm hoping to read it soon, too! Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this one as well. Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Love it!
    My wow
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-firewalker-by.html

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!