Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (153)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I'm waiting on:


Ana of California by Andi Teran
Release date: June 30, 2015

A modern take on the classic coming-of-age novel, inspired by Anne of Green Gables
In the grand tradition of Anne of Green GablesBridget Jones’s Diary, and The Three Weissmanns of Westport, Andi Teran’s captivating debut novel offers a contemporary twist on a beloved classic. Fifteen-year-old orphan Ana Cortez has just blown her last chance with a foster family. It’s a group home next—unless she agrees to leave East Los Angeles for a farm trainee program in Northern California.
When she first arrives, Ana can’t tell a tomato plant from a blackberry bush, and Emmett Garber is skeptical that this slight city girl can be any help on his farm. His sister Abbie, however, thinks Ana might be just what they need. Ana comes to love Garber Farm, and even Emmett has to admit that her hard work is an asset. But when she inadvertently stirs up trouble in town, Ana is afraid she might have ruined her last chance at finding a place to belong.

I love Anne of Green Gables and the early reviews by Library Journal, Publishers Weekly and Kirkus are overwhelmingly positive so I have high hopes that I will love this book too!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I am so excited for this one as well, Christina! I was obsessed with the Anne of Green Gables books as a kid and the TV show as well. In fact, for my birthday, I received the TV show on DVD - the restored edition! So, this book is right up my alley. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it is a modern day story, as well as I'm intrigued by the reference to Bridget Jones. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you ejoy this book once you do read it Christina!
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you had me at "Anne of Green Gables" and "foster care." I have been noticing this one, and now I want to know more!

    Here's mine: “EVIL NEVER DIES”

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!