Wednesday, December 31, 2014

First Book of the Year


The First Book of the Year is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. The purpose is to choose what book you will be reading on January 1st. Here is what she says about it:

Every year I get excited about what will be that first book I will be chatting about going into the new year.  I make a big deal out of picking the book.  It is usually a book I have wanted to read for a while and for whatever reason, I just have not been able to make the time to read it.
This is the second year that I would love for you to join me in this tradition of picking the book that you will be reading into the new year.  It can be a coveted book that you have been waiting to read, a guilty pleasure book, a re-read of a favorite that you want to explore once again… whatever you want.
Our posts of what we are reading will go live on January 1st.  You do not need to be done with the book on January 1st, just reading it on January 1st and yes, you can start on the 31st and be reading into the New Year.

This year, I will be reading one of these books:


I still haven't decided which book I will read but I am leaning towards the Rhys Bowen book as I have been enjoying that mystery series. 

If you would like to participate, it is not too late to sign up! Just visit Book Journey and fill out the form. 

3 comments:

  1. All great choices….definitely intrigued by the new Kearsley novel. I have made it a 2015 goal to read one of her books. Happy New Year, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what my first book of the year is going to be. I was hoping a few of my library holds would come in, but alas, no luck there. :) The Kearsley cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Kearsley's books. I hope to read A Desperate Fortune too. Happy reading in 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!