Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Monday, What Are You Reading (196)



It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next.

So I was surprised when I woke up this morning to find snow outside my window. We are supposed to get 3-5 inches. I'm not sure how much we already have. Ugh. I was really really hoping that we wouldn't see this much white stuff till December. Oh well. Looks like I lost the snow contest at work :)

I haven't been motivated to read lately. I've finished about a book a week which is slow for me. I was busy with stuff for work so maybe that will change this week. The library's first holiday open house was a big success. I had fun teaching little kids and adults how to fold napkins and make nail polish ornaments.  I hope to have some pictures to share next week. We are definitely going to do it again next year. 


Books reviewed:


Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Books read:


This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

I liked this one but I didn't care for the strange dream segments in between chapters. It tied in with the story later on but I could have done without it because I found it confusing.


Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen

I am glad I finally read this book. It takes awhile to get to the mystery so you have to be patient and enjoy getting to know Georgie and her friends.


Currently reading:


The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion

So far I like The Rosie Effect but maybe not as much as The Rosie Project. I reserve final judgment till I've actually finished the book :)


What I might read next:


The White City by Alex Michod

This is the book I drew from my evening book group's book exchange. I think it sounds interesting. It is a historical mystery set at the 1893 World's Fair.  I haven't read The Devil in the White City yet so I won't be able to compare the two. 


Skipping Christmas by John Grisham (reread)

I read this book years ago when it first came out and I have since watched the movie several times so I thought it might be fun to revisit the book and see how it compares to the film.


5 comments:

  1. Hope. Your reading mojo comes back but you still are enjoying yourself. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up to snow as well, but not a whole lot thank goodness. Just a thin layer. Regardless, it is still too early for this white stuff to be on the ground. We are expecting temps to go down into the low teens though. :(

    Skipping Christmas sounds perfect for what I am in the mood for right now! I will have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you don't get too hammered with the snow. We have a lot already and it's snowing like crazy today- we have a storm warning until tomorrow night. Yikes! Glad you enjoyed the Rhys Bowen- I just read the Christmas one recently and liked it, and it did take me a few chapters to get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep me eye out for your review of This Shattered World…have high hopes for that one….the dream sequence sounds strange. I'm glad your open house at work went well…would love to see pictures! And yes, we had snow, but only less than an inch. I can't believe you guys are already getting accumulation. It's starting! ugh! I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her Royal Spyness and the White City look good.

    It definitely is too early for snow and winter. We haven't had any snow here yet in Pittsburgh, but it sure is cold.

    Stay warm and enjoy the rest of your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!