Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (138)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I'm waiting on:

The Night Garden by Lisa Van Allen
Release date: October 7, 2014

Synopsis:

For fans of Sarah Addison Allen, Aimee Bender, and Alice Hoffman, The Night Garden is a luminous novel of love, forgiveness, and the possibilities that arise when you open your heart.
 
Nestled in the bucolic town of Green Valley in upstate New York, the Pennywort farm appears ordinary, yet at its center lies something remarkable: a wild maze of colorful gardens that reaches beyond the imagination. Local legend says that a visitor can gain answers to life’s most difficult problems simply by walking through its lush corridors.
 
Yet the labyrinth has never helped Olivia Pennywort, the garden’s beautiful and enigmatic caretaker. She has spent her entire life on her family’s land, harboring a secret that forces her to keep everyone at arm’s length. But when her childhood best friend, Sam Van Winkle, returns to the valley, Olivia begins to question her safe, isolated world and wonders if she at last has the courage to let someone in. As she and Sam reconnect, Olivia faces a difficult question: Is the garden maze that she has nurtured all of her life a safe haven or a prison?

I am a fan of Sarah Addison Allen's books so that grabbed my attention right away and the description and lovely cover make me want to give this book a try.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh beautiful cover and intriguing blurb. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of Sarah Addison Allen's books before and enjoyed them, so I'll have to add this to my TBR list. I love the sound of it. Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really interesting. I loved Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen and I recommend it to everyone looking for a good read. Enjoy it! I also followed you on Twitter.
    Laura
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!