Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednsday (131)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week, I'm waiting on:

Cress by Marissa Meyer
Release date: February 4, 2014

Description from Goodreads:

Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.

I thought Cinder and Scarlet were excellent and I can't wait to read more of this series. I hate winter and February has to be one of my least favorite months of the year so this will definitely give me something to look forward to next February!


5 comments:

  1. Cool pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-68-oblivion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay-great pick! I adored Scarlet and am dying for Cress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I am going to admit this, but I have never read this series despite the fact that so many people enjoy it. I dread winter and February is my least favorite month too, so it might be fun to binge read this whole series then! Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Squeal* ... I can't wait for this one!!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!