Saturday, October 30, 2010

In My Mailbox (36)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren to share what books you received for review, purchased, or checked out from the library during the past week.


From the library:


Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn


I love the cover on this one!


Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok


I have heard so many good things about this book that deals with immigration and starting over through the eyes of a young immigrant and her mom.


Penelope's Daughter by Laurel Corona


This is a look at The Odyssey (what went on back home anyway) from the point of view of Odysseus's daughter, Xanthe who wasn't even born when he left Ithaca. I am really looking forward to reading this.


Love's First Bloom by Delia Parr


A Man's Heart by Lori Copeland

10 comments:

  1. Girl in Translation is a great book. I read it this summer and loved it.Penelope's daughter looks interesting and can't wait to read a review. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those covers are so beautiful! It's like a theme this week: BEAUTIFUL COVERS!
    Hope you enjoy your new books :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the cover for Troubled Waters looks very intriguing! Great books. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, love the cover for Troubled Waters! Hope you enjoy all your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl in translation looks interesting. Nice mailbox you've got:)
    Here is my mailbox

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway... just click here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice books! I really enjoyed Troubled Waters. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice set of books and going to look up Girl in Translation on Goodreads.

    Have a great reading time for halloween :)

    http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/1443670603/in-my-mailbox-mailbox-monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like a bridge over Troubled Waters!

    Happy reading!
    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of some of the books you got this week! Happy reading :)

    Here's What's In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great selection of books. Happy reading and Halloween :)
    Check out my In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!