Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (189)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine


This week, I'm waiting on:

The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay by Kelly Harms
Release date: August 9, 2016

A young painter, Lily has reached a crossroads in her life. Her career hasn't taken off, her best friend may no longer be the trusted friend she thought, her boyfriend is a disappointment, and now she can't keep up with the rising cost of living in the city. With no one to turn to, Lily is forced to move from her beloved apartment, but while packing she comes across a piece of mail that had slipped to the back of her junk drawer: a letter detailing further action needed to finalize the annulment of a quickie Vegas wedding. Ten years ago!

Lily decides it's time to turn over a new leaf and the first item on her list of things to fix is getting the annulment... but you can't just send a reply ten years later, "Hey by the way we are still married." This is something that must be addressed in person. Lily takes to the road to track down her husband - the charming, fun, and sexy man she connected with all those years ago - Ben Hutchinson.

Ben Hutchinson left a wealthy dot-com lifestyle behind to return home to his family and the small town he loves, Minnow Bay. He's been living off the grid and the last thing he expects is a wife he didn't know he had to show up on his doorstep.

By chance, Lily arrives at the magical Minnow Bay Inn, and there she will discover not just a place to lay her head, but new friends, a thriving art community, and maybe even the love of her life.

I think this sounds like it could be a fun contemporary romance. 



9 comments:

  1. I agree! I am definitely looking forward to reading this one. Great pick, Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, to find a letter to annul a quickie wedding from ten years ago? Wow lol I definitely want to read this and see how it goes. Seems like a fun story for real. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds right up my alley, thanks for sharing!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one. Sexy and sweet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, I like the sound of this one. SURPRISE, HUBBY! :D I enjoy contemporary romances occasionally, and The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay sounds heartwarming. Thanks for sharing Christina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this on my list. Looking forward to it. Sounds like a great one. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cover! Looks like a good read :-) Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book! I just pre-ordered it for my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!