Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR List



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new subject each week and this week's topic is "Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR List"



The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

This is my most highly anticipated book on my Fall TBR list. Maybe even for the whole year. I will be a little sad when it is over though I will hold out hope that Percy and his friends will make cameo appearances in Riordan's other books.


Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella

I love the Shopaholic series but I have to admit that the last book was probably my least favorite so I approach this one with some caution and I will be checking it out from the library rather than automatically buying it from Amazon like I would have done in the past.


The Young Elites by Marie Lu

I have heard so many good things about The Young Elites that I hope I won't have too high of expectations. I still need to read her other series too.


Seasons of Trouble by Rohini Mohan

This is the second book about Sri Lanka and the war that is being published this fall. I am still not sure if it is meant to be a fictionalized account based on real people or if it is nonfiction entirely.


Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I loved The Naturals so I am excited about this one. I have yet to read a Jennifer Lynn Barnes book that I don't like.


Talon by Julie Kagawa

Although I wasn't a huge fan of her fairy fiction, I am willing to give Talon a try since it is about dragons and I like dragons, even the scary Targaryen ones.


Shattered by Mari Mancusi

And there is another dragon book on my fall TBR list...



Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

No dragons? 


Private India by James Patterson

I haven't read a James Patterson book in years but technically this book is written by Ashwin Sanghi and it is set in India and follows an Indian detective. Admittedly the person on the cover looks kind of white...


A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

And look it's another dragon! 

I have been looking forward to finally reading this one even though I know it has the Red and Purple Weddings...




3 comments:

  1. Wow- you have got a variety of books on your Fall TBR list. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Mortal Heart and Talon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to The Blood of Olympus too! I really enjoyed the first two books in the series but struggled a bit getting into the last two... Maybe it's that year gap in between, and they sure do pick up right where the previous books left off! But I'm excited to see how the series ends. It will be sad to say goodbye to Percy Jackson, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I haven't read any of these and they sound great. Thanks for the heads up. Here's my list-- http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-books-on-my-fall-to-be-read-list.html

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!