Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (85)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme to discuss upcoming books we can't wait to get our hands on. Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. 


This week, I'm waiting on:

The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Publication date: September 18, 2012

Description:

Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone’s power. That is not all she finds. 

A breathtaking, romantic, and dangerous second volume in the Fire and Thorns trilogy.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns was my second favorite book of 2011 (after Divergent) so I can't wait to get my hands on The Crown of Embers

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read The Girl of Fire and Thorns yet but it's on my tbr list. I didn't even know it was a series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds promising. I have been meaning to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns- I hope you get your hands on a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first one yet. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to give it a try.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm so excited about this; I wasn't sure I'd like The Girl of Fire and Thorns and then I fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice. I'm sure I will be getting this too. My WoWs are for Fair Game by Patricia Briggs and Magic Under Stone by Jaclyn Dolamore. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! There's a cover??!! It looks great, I like how it matches the first book.

    So cannot wait for The Crown of Embers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my God, there's an actual sequel to Girl of Fire and Thorns? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! *squeals*

    Sorry I mean, oh my God I can't wait until it gets released! While I thought that the book seemed pretty to hold itself well as a stand-alone, I'm happy to read more of Elisa's adventures and such. And a man she is falling in love with? (Please let that guy be Hector. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!)

    ReplyDelete

Reading Extensively is now an award free blog. Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment. I enjoy receiving feedback! Due to increase in spam, I've enabled comment moderation. Sorry for any inconvenience!